The next day Memz claimed that her mama, Aunt Visor, had especially requested that we meet for lunch at Chuck E's. This turned out to be a lie but because Memzy knows people go to great lengths to hang out with the Visors she used this as a way to try to convert me to her wicked ways.
Surprisingly my kids were not excited. Here is Bridget giving Chuck the two thumbs down while my other two refused to take a picture under the sign (Casey: "Chuck is gross")

One thing I immediately noticed that I could not catch on film were the requirements for customer appearance. You had to have either a large tattoo or some serious cleavage. In some cases you could have both. I did not feel comfortable telling my children to pose nearby these people to sneakily capture their souls as some of you inevitably would have done but believe me, they were there.
There were only two other people in the building who like us did not meet the required dress code: The Visors.
If you don't have an Aunt or Uncle Visor like I do, you are surely missing out. Uncle Visor is always asking great questions and then throwing out an acronym or too like asking if JennyESP is my BIF (best internet friend) or some other goodies.

Aunt Visor of course is Mrs. Nurturer. Just seeing her feels like a warm hug. That is NO exaggeration. She was very lovey with Megs of course who felt her magical powers and reciprocated the love.



The cinnamon and cheese sticks were pretty good for white flour products and the service was nice for central valley carny types. Also the salad bar had both spinach and romaine instead of just iceberg and a nice balsamic vinagrette. In the end, I couldn't get over the low SES mom-types and the flashing lights and bells. Pizza remained disgusting.
In the end I will have to stick with my original weigh-in:
Chuck E. Cheese: 1
Visors: 100
I would eat at CEC again and again to see the Visors. But not for anyone else.
What a treat to see the LeeDogster. She has had a special place in our hearts since the DT and Riv days (Deseret Towers and The Riviera). She is officially classified as a niece and I will volunteer to be an extra Gramma for those chillins. Lil Meg is the cutest little pipsqueak ranked just under Clara and CharCar (and the others). Food aside, we had a great time. As a food critic, Flem is right up there with Uncle Visor. They use different criteria but both rank restaurants regularly. Uncle Visor made note that all four of our children made friends their first semester of college that have been life-long friends. Loved seeing you Lee.
ReplyDeleteThat's the cutest baby I've ever seen! (she does resemble some others). I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow, my own kid never smiled at me and cuddled like that. How do I get Visor Magic?
ReplyDeleteWhy I outta...
ReplyDeleteThat's ok. I have plans to prove how it REALLY went down.
ReplyDeleteThe Visors are like the salve for a really itchy rash.
ReplyDeleteBut here is the thing Flemmy.... and I hate to break it to you.... but if your kids hate CEC then your kids have problems. It's fine for adults to hate it, but kids? No bueno.
I'm worried.
Well my kids like it AFTER we got there. This was before.
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't say that, I didn't want to have my own children discredit my claim that it was yuckster.
As a family rule, we visit Chuck E whenever we have a 2-year old. But only so we can get footage of him scaring the pants off them.
ReplyDeleteAllison Iraheta, poignant indeed.
Memzy is your results show mistress.
So, what did you say when Uncle Visor asked if JennyESP was your BIF?
ReplyDelete[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Maybe
And I would go to CEC for Aunt and Uncle Visor, despite the questionable clientele.
Aunt Visor is priceless. I haven't had the pleasure of a real life meeting, but she is spreading her cheer and goodness all over my blog. I want her to cradle and make silly faces at me. Is that wrong?
ReplyDeleteThe last time I was at CEC was when we took Ren to a birthday party for a friend turning 3. Mayhem! But he loved it.
ReplyDelete