I tried to take a few pics but my camera is muy lame for this kind of lighting. Steve pointed out I could have used the flash, but why wasn't it already on the "auto" setting? I should have checked but I didn't want to take a million pictures and then have people to be nervous that I was going to post them all over the internet.
So here are just a few so you can get a sense of it:
1. Thanks to Vivian for arranging the menu ordering (such a pain when you are eating family style). I have to admit that the Chicken Nirvana truly WAS nirvana. I might go back this weekend, just to get my hands on some of that stuff. Wow. I mean WOW. She also arranged the payment so in the end my friends even bought me dinner even though I asked them to come out with me. Mucho generous and I really appreciated the gesture! Here is a picture of her counting the money:

2. Las virgenes section of the table--ladies who were having Indian food for the first time. I HEARD (heard) that they liked it and hope that it is true.

3. The chicken nirvana was good but it was practically indistinguishable from 90% of the other dishes on the table so I didn't take a pic. Here is one of me in front of the ever popular Tandoori:

No pics of this, but there were 3 mere survivors who were brave enough to see Taken. I have to say that I would give it a couple of stars for good action and violence and a couple of stars for a very understated but incredible Liam Neeson adding up to a respectable 4 out of 5 stars. The presence of the archtype of Eastern Bloc bad guys while reiterating that torture does indeed work smacks a little of 24 but overall I would give it a thumbs up. Some dark and sinister parts to it about selling young girls into prostitution but don't worry, no real gratuitous sex scenes, only violence. And of course no fewer than 6 of the now-dead evil men spoke Arabic so that should satisfy needs you might have for the bad guy to be middle eastern. Warning: Albania is not in the Middle East.
Oh and I shoulda taken pics of Elephant Bar dessert crew afterwards which really topped off what was a great time. Thanks to one and all.
I had Indian food for the first time a few months ago and I LURVED it. I have NO idea what some of those flavors were and I didn't care. Grub I say.
ReplyDeleteSuper jealous (because I love that restaurant) and I really wish I could be there to celebrate your BIRTHDAY. Which you of course neglected to mention was the reason for the party.
ReplyDeleteThat was fun! You should turn 34 more often.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday in, like, 7 hours MY time!!! I wish I could have been there to help you celebrate but I might have put the kibosh on indian food. I would have made you think it was your idea to switch to The Cheesecake Factory tho.
ReplyDeleteLove you! Lemme know how 34 feels, kay?
Well, happy birthday to you! I did the math and it seems your birthday is on Valentines day. You should be a hopeless romantic, but you chose to see Taken over He's Just Not That Into You or Confessions of a Shopaholic. "...torture does indeed work..." Wha...
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday, LeeAnn, Dear. May happy days come to you all year. Wish I could have been there too.
ReplyDeleteSo I am soooooooooooo bummed I couldn't go out and help you celebrate your birthday! Next time! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete