I am missing my babysitter from the last day because I didn't take a pic but many thanks to him too!
So thanks to Auntie Lissa for babysitting lil Meg in Napa for me while I was working for a few days:

When I got home from NC a few days previous to leaving for Napa this was awaiting me. Bridget apparently grabbed the King Arthur Flour Baking Book (all Hail!) and decided she would make pancakes all by herself. Pretty awesome and they turned out to be splendid!

She not only wrapped the pancake to keep it in the fridge but also saran wrapped the note for me to accompany it:

This is Jaye, my babysitter in NC. Her mom actually is the one who watches Meg but Jen got the flu and Jaye stayed home from school to pinch hit! She is wow amazing and even after alllll day with the baby she was asking to hold her and take care of her in the evening. I felt kind of guilty keeping her home (her mom's idea) but I didn't have a plan B all the way across the country. Good thing Jaye is so super smart she is wayyyy ahead of her class.

Here is Jen, the hero of my week-long visits in NC. In spite of taking care of her 5 yo who had the flu, and getting it herself she really did take care of all of my needs and even made an amazing pot roast. My only complaint about Jen is that she stays up too late and then tires herself out. Here she is up too late:
You are so lucky to have Jen out there to help eh? Shout out to her! And lookie at Meg's hurr! Sooo cute. She's getting huge!
ReplyDeleteSo good to have great people to watch Meg. That is a huge blessings and relief, I'm sure. Bridget gets two thumbs way up for making pancakes and saving some for you (guess that recent incident where you were forgotten may have paid off).
ReplyDeleteA glitch in your iPhone? Uh oh, is the honeymoon phase over?
ReplyDelete(PS I love the picture of Melissa. Like Meg's in the arms of Scarlett O'Hara)
ReplyDeleteIs Meg's hair turning blond, or is that a lighting thing? Dark or light, she's waaaay cute.
ReplyDeleteLooks like Bridget is following in her mom's footsteps.
ReplyDelete