Thursday, June 25, 2009

7th place!!!

Okay I know this is such a high honor and I never really anticipated winning, but I appreciate all the voters (6?) who lent their sticker to vote for my cake. I would like to thank the following people:

1) Steve who supported me by holding the baby while I decorated
2) My three older children who hovered and requested licking frosting every ten seconds
3) Freighbor Katie for the best cupcakes I have ever eaten in my life (Barefoot Contessa Coconut Cupcakes)
4) The Ward Activities Committee for coming up with such a fun idea (Ace of Cakes, make a cake representing something from the scriptures. No one did New Testament, I think it was seen as sacrilege to do anything about Jesus or lepers)
5) The prize committee who awarded me with a symphony chocolate bar (with toffee!) and a pirated church humor CD. Love it!

Here are some pics of the other people who somehow placed higher than I did:








10 comments:

  1. I'll remember the City of Enoch idea in case our ward ever does something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone who reads this needs to demand pics of Lee's prizewinning entry. Who's with me??

    (Your humility is touching, but it's no match for the power of my grassroot campaigns)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how committed I am >>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously do not have a picture of my own cake. That is no lie. But I think someone got one so I will post it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries! I got a picture

    http://tinyurl.com/mcw2yy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funnay!!

    But that looks like lepers to me. Ewe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No no no, this was Flemmy's

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wGr8njEWjtI/SfoS7-bmCjI/AAAAAAAACqw/wVx6sP9rJW8/s1600-h/Michele+D.JPG

    Kind of a take on the Jonah and the whale thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Landee, finally! A refreshment idea for my Young Women chastity lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake is scandalous! Both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think the little "Playskool" Moses was a nice touch. Way to go 7th!

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios