Some major things that I will get out of it:
- Meeting staff of one of my schools (already met the others in Indy in the spring)
- Hanging out with my way fun co-workers the majority of whom have purchased iphones since last conference)
- Dueling Piano bar in downtown Grand Rapids (they play requests and they can do just about anything--see Matt Giraud)
- Sleeping through the night several nights in a row
- Tapas (great little Moroccan/Spanish place walking distance from hotel)
- Working to train adults and watching the learning style of adults (hint: see teenagers)
- A new module I have been working on that will require them to do some kind of performance with a group of teachers they don't know. Fun!!
- Guilt from being away from my kiddos (again)
- Exhaustion from 6 am-12 am schedule. Yes the evening part is optional but you gotta participate in that stuff.
I am planning a baby shower for a friend of mine and the only date that worked for all parties involved is next Saturday. I get back late Friday evening and then I have to plan for this big ole shower. I need ideas for food, decorations, and games. I will probably go with the "woulda rather" from Vivian (from Brandy's shower). The shower is going to start at 7 which will at least give me time during the day to do it all. I mainly need ideas for desserts. I was thinking cupcakes because they are cute and fun to decorate... But welcome whatever suggestions or links you can provide.
She is having a boy.
Grasshopper pie. It's a huge fave for summer and looks cute too. Email me if you want.
ReplyDeleteWork sounds fun and rewarding. I might work some day.
ReplyDeleteTell the dessert contest winners that the next round is the shower...
ReplyDeleteTwo words.... cake balls.
ReplyDeletehttp://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/cake-pop-lesson-1-the-cake-ball/
Standsmom and I (mostly her tho)made these with white chocolate on the outside and white sprinkles for our TEMPLE WEDDING lesson today. They looked like little wedding cakes. Srsly. You could make them into rattles.
I agree with Landee on the cake balls. I made some for Christmas and they were super popular..definitely dip in chocolate.
ReplyDeleteAn even easier and less healthy version of the cake ball.
ReplyDeleteOreo Cookie Balls
1 package Oreo cookies
1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
1 package Almond Bark white chocolate (or white choc chips)
Put Oreo cookies in food processor, process until fine. Place crumbs into a bowl and mix with cream cheese. Roll out mixture into marble size balls and place on cookie sheet. Put Oreo Cookie Balls in refrigerator to get cold. Take cookie balls out of refrigerator when cold and dip in melted white chocolate. Put cookie balls on wax paper to dry.