Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kids Birthday































































































Cake pics.

We do a combined b-day party for the three oldest kids which is kind of a family tradition we really love. After. An hour before the party I always question the sanity of it all.

I really didn't take pictures. Here are the highlights though:

1) Total chaos for two hours
2) Awesome treasure hunt for the 4th year running. Steve did three separate hunts and the kids were pretty into it. Well, those who didn't mind running a couple of miles. There was a small issue with Steve planning for little kids to run back and forth across the street but he figures that the more running the better and we had so many, who would notice one missing?
3) 49 people (I know because we had exactly one plate left)
4) Amateur cakes
5) T-shirt decorations (wish I had a pick because they were totally amazing--well, some anyway)
6) Community full of people I love to really pick up my low spirits
7) Me, snippy with a few peeps (sorry!)
8) Missionaries on the calendar a month ago. Whoops! They got the leftovers: Mini hamburgers with little mini homemade buns (100% refined flour!) and fruit cut fruit. And of course the limón chips that I heart the mostest. Oh and tons of leftover cake. I hope they didn't mind the hurricane of party that hit our apartment.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful company and generous gifts to the kids!

10 comments:

  1. Anyone who reads this needs to DEMAND pictures of the cakes. SOO cute & creative. Must sees.

    Who's with me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. Demand! Demand!

    Oye. This sounds like......fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to all the little Flems. Sounds like an amazing party. You are too ambitious, girl. Homemade mini buns, homemade cakes, food to feed 50. Holy moley, I could never keep up with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party was super fun. My girls were so bummed to leave! You did an awesome job on the cakes. Totally NOT amateur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great party. Thanks again for inviting me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry we missed it, and happy birthday to all three of the birthday kids in question. I remember my afternoon at the Museum with Casey and Bridget very fondly, and wish I could spend more time with all 6 of the Flemsta Fam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!

    (I have to have a super short comment to average out my embarrassingly long one last time.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the coolest cakes ever! So when are each of their birthdays? We have 3 in June too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man Lee....great job on the cakes. You are super busy but yet can balance everything including making cakes for the kids' party! SUPERMOM! I tried to make a Little Mermaid cake for Gena and it was a flop! Not even picture worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the missionaries were just glad to have something besides spaghetti. I personally hate birthdays. Including my own. I think I am going to do what my mom did from now on. Just a homemade cake that I had to share with my sister (since our birhtdays were so close). I never felt like I was missing out, and I always felt special.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios