Great conference this evening in which we were reminded to "Mind the Gap" between what we want to be and who we really are.
I have some gaps I am working on and I am recording them here:
Attentive and patient v. Distracted and neglectful
Focused and efficient v. time wasted and incomplete tasks
Fit and firm v. overweight and jiggly
Whole grain and veggies v. processed foods
Kind and generous v. judgemental and unforgiving
Organized and with it v. Pigpen swirl of dust
Appreciative and supportive v. complainy and unsure
Good memory v. flighty and flaky
Where are your gaps?
http://tiny.cc/SqUsD
ReplyDeleteme v. you
ReplyDeleteI love you just the way you are, gaps and all.
ReplyDeleteDon't get me started on my own.
P.S. Do your visiting teaching!
ACK. True to form of always being distracted and flaky, I totally mixed up my gap. I of course meant you v. me.
ReplyDeleteThis is just a test to see if you are kind and generous v. judgemental and unforgiving.
Yeah, I would have to say that all of your gaps sounded pretty darn familiar...
ReplyDeleteOne set of gaps right now is my use of post-seminary time. You see, I have about an hour after seminary before Stellan wakes up. I could A) stay at the church and practice the piano/do that composing I complain I never have time or privacy to do or B) prep my upcoming lessons or C) blog more often or even D) use the quiet time to put on some headphones and catch up with TV shows online that Kev refuses to watch with me. But I almost always opt for E: crawl back in bed with my space heater hubby and spend the precious time in blissful oblivion.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's a gap.
I'm all in denial about my severe lack of self-discipline. Love your list, except I felt like you were talking about me the whole time. Nuts.
ReplyDeleteThat was a good mtng. Your gaps are grains of sand compared to my boulders.
ReplyDeleteJust fyi
ReplyDeleteMy gaps are somewhere between my Id and Ego.
ReplyDelete