I can't believe I haven't had this as a title on any posts before.
Today I had a little treat in that TWO of my co-workers were on the flight with me and one sat next to me. I usually veg out, do a little watching of The Office reruns (season 3) or read (I just finished an Amish romance--thanks Jespy, felt like I was reading Charly by J. Weyland) or fall asleep to my itunes and then can't sleep at night. It was so nice to travel with someone for once and we actually talked work the whole time, except for the hour in which I was reviewing Boys Adrift for the billionth time this week.
Anywho, I am back in the awesomest hotel on the planet and get to do one of my favorite things of all time tomorrow: hang out with new teachers for the day.
Wednesday I am back up in Indy for a conference with some of my favorite peeps and then Thursday to land of two time zones, Danville IL where the high school has no air conditioning. That's right, Southern Illinois, no AC. Ironically, Gene Hackman and D. Van Dyke both went to this high school and it has a top-notch theater.
No AC, that is like, inhumane. All that technology and humidity just don't mixo. I had to decide between super comfy pants and a lightweight blouse or a skirt and sandals. Since it is after Labor Day and I don't know how they treat the wearing of white and sandals, I went with the pants. Maybe I will wear my hair up in a fancy Amish braid.
I come back Friday but then take off again on Tuesday for Napa. Yeah, three weeks in a row.
Take care of my Steve, k? Four kids is mucho labor.
I just know you're going to bump into my little bro one of these times. And when you do, I'm going to be so jealous that I might have to tear your eyes out just for being about to see see him when I can't.
ReplyDelete::writing down::
ReplyDeleteboys adrift
find out about amish book from jespy
Now, Flem. God with the braid. I can see that really working for you.
That book was not like Charlie! Charlie was groovy and depressing. No body dies in that Amish romance either. And there are heart pounding moments like "there was an awareness between them" and "their eyes met across the quilt". Check it out Memzy.
ReplyDeletePS. Don't read the rest of the books in that series. Not as good. I'm moving on to a different Amish romance writer...
When we lived in Provo there was quite a collection of Amish romances... Maybe the Mormons are jealous of a little rumspringa?
ReplyDeleteWe have a discussion at work regularly about men going downhill. I will have to bring in the Boys Adrift and see if it brings up the level of discussion.
ReplyDeleteI've been reading a different Amish book right now. Not so good. Maybe I need to switch over. You're a traveling maniac. I hope you're collecting some good frequent flyer miles.
ReplyDelete