Saturday, February 28, 2009

Recuperation

Various travel tidbits from Albany:

1. Saw a kid from my mission who I haven't seen since 1997. He married a hilarious chica who, believe it or not, had the exact same lunch lady battle at their organic waldorfy school. She is like my doppleganger in NY and I am totally glad I made the effort to connect even though I was overworked and exhausted.

2. I love hearing the peeps at the school there say things like "can you take another look at this since you totally saved us from disaster this year?" Makes me feel like I am periodically worth the money my company pays me.

3. Meg was an absolute gem all the way there and back. I can't emphasize enough how incredible she was, happy, smiley, traveler extraordinaire. She just secured herself a spot on another crosscountry trip!

4. It rained and stayed at a nice low 40s for me. Except the last day when I packed the coat rather than leave it out for my 4 am departure from my hotel room. My ears nearly frozed.

5. Came home to a semi-clean house and a report that only once did the house nearly burn down (when Steve figured Bridget could handle the responsibility of cooking the beans while he was at scouts she said she thought she turned it down and then ran out to play with her friends but next time will put in more water. They ate the beans anyway).

6. Time change. 4 am. Ouch.

8 comments:

  1. So glad your trip went well. You are worth every dollar and more, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great baby Meg is! How was the babysitter? Sounds like you get a lot done on your trips, so I'm sure you really did save their bacon.
    Funny you don't like Orem water, because I love it! Although it may not come from the same source as your in-laws...my parents' house gets it from the glacier and it is wonderful. Unfortunately, I haven't lived in UT for 9+ years, so I only get that water on vacation. TX water is okay, except in the summer, when if it isn't filtered, it tastes like mold. I just don't like drinking, period. Weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You = superwoman.

    I did fly to Vegas though. No kids, but still... like a 2 hour flight! I slept all the way home. Read some Watership Down on the way out. My life = crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on a successful trip. be wary though--meg may be biding her time and planning to trick you next time with a gate-to-gate screaming fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My life = insane! I took a 3 hour nap today, and then lounged around and read WD. I'm really getting into this book...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and if you ever have to fly to Las Vegas, you have a babysitter all lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They ate the beans anyway? Those are some good kids. I guess I just have this thing about burned beans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you run into Balog? We actually ran into him in Tennessee back in 2001. He is from New York but just happened to be in TN for a while. Small world-huh?! By the way, I am sure you don't have to worry about the 5 extra pounds-you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios