Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More to Love?

I made the sad mistake of checking out this program for a few minutes in my hotel room and I have so many issues with this show.

A person got kicked off and she was crying about what a great person and father this guy would have been and then they showed a preview of next week. These are my questions:

1) How do you fall in love with someone in such a short time? What evidence does this woman have that they guy is going to be a great father?

2) How is is possible that every girl he picks is going to love him back? Or is that his criteria? Did anyone get kicked off and go "yeah that guy was a WEIRDO no way I would marry him."??

3) How can he ever know that these girls really fell in love with him? Is there a track record for a lasting relationship with these previously married reality show romances?

4) Just because he is overweight doesn't mean that he likes overweight women. And same for the women. I knew people in high school and college who were overweight but wanted to date thin people. It isn't like people go "oh I am obese so therefore I only love obese people."

Answer me these questions, please. I won't disgrace you with my equal set of questions on the season premier of Melrose Place that I watched for five minutes prior to realizing what it was. (Sample question: What? This show is still on?)

In other news, Wisconsin is beautiful.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, if this is what I think it is, then I saw some of this recently. And I agree with all your questions. Can we seriously believe that any of these people is really in love with each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever been enjoying an amazing dessert, and then some girl walks in and starts going on and on about its fat and calorie content, and it kind of ruins the experience for you?

    I think that's what you just did to More to Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby has been watching it. Apparently the guy kicked off all the "really" fat girls right off. So your point is correct, just because he's fat doesn't mean he wants a fat girl. But, obviously the girls don't care about him being chubby, because they all joined the show. I can't sit through it though. Which says a lot. I've seen every episode of Saved By The Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie!!!! I love it!!

    I just recommended this show to my SIL for it's awes entertainment purposes. It's not about real love, obviously. It's about chubby people finding each other. Doyee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's be clear here....the purpose of the show is for everyone to be able to sit at home and stare at fat people without being considered rude. The same goes for The Biggest Loser.

    Your points are valid and is why Gty hates these kinds of shows...there is no way all those girls love him the way they claim to. I believe they want to WIN. Not necessarily be with Tub-O. But they are crying when they are kicked off because regardless, rejection is rejection and, while I've never experienced it--ahem-- it's gotta be painful.

    The only relationship to have ever lasted was when a BACHELORETTE was picking the dood...this is because women look beyond the bod. Men are pigs...more so in the case of More to Love cuz he's fat in addition to being a man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If both parties have been in long term relationships previously, then the relationship can progress rapidly. Each party knows what they want and can conclude fairly quickly if the other party is what they want.

    It's been two weeks, and I'm pretty sure she is what I want.

    She's still waiting to see if I will "screw it up."

    ReplyDelete
  7. They aren't crying bc they are in love, they're crying bc they lost. On TV.

    Now, I want to hear more about Linkster's love life. It was the "she is what I want" that got me. Sigh. Q: How fast did each party fall in love? How much does each party weigh? etc...

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios