Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

1. It was absolutely beautiful here. A Eucalyptus tree fell in the front yard yesterday and the kids had a ball playing in the jungle. Don't you wish a tree would fall in your yard?















































2. Katie and family hosted a little get together between conference sessions and I made these little dealios:



























See all the shiny happy people?



























3. I am obsessed with Gordon Ramsay. I ran across one of his youtube videos and I was totally amazed by how quickly he does everything and how easy he makes it look. I made the profiteroles in the picture above in, no joke, about 40 minutes total. I think it might have taken longer to get it all assembled as you see it but it was so fun. Here is the vid

9 comments:

  1. Good: Your pictures of the fallen tree

    Better: A video clip of Casey on top of them, doing his forbidden dance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's brunch was super fun and I even made it into your picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaaaay too much work for me. Way too much. But those look divine. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what yummy treats. I would love one. I'm impressed you made them that fast. Do you have the piping tips? Who is this guy? He is definitely fast, but you have to admit video clips are hardly a fair depiction. Mark had to make a clip like that for one of his classes. I think it was a 2 minute clip and it took him 10 HOURS to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you that I've independently developed a mad crush on Gordon Ramsay from watching his show on BBC America called Gordon Ramsay's F Word.

    The man is amazing and passionate about food. The BBC show doesn't feature the angry character featured in the American reality show.

    Anglophiles for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee, next time you're in Utah will you hold private lessons in efficiency for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If a eucalyptus tree fell in my yard, my HOA would be on my A by the end of the day. I'd totally love it if one fell in my neighbor's yard tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bummed we weren't there for the brunch this time, and that I missed the likes of those chocolate goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a eucalyptus wreath once. It smelled good. Is your neighborhood now full of delightful smells?

    Those cookies things look nummy. Can't wait for you to make them when you come visit this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios