Anyway I walked down there with Meg and Steve and Gillian joined us later. Since I walked and we didn't think about it, we left the car seat at home and here I was faced with Gillian and Meghan, a short timeline, and no carseat.
It was then that I realized I should indeed make a sacrifice and put on brand new tires for my very trustworthy car that provides built-in carseats for such occasions. It isn't for her quite yet but it seems to work well enough to get her home.

I know you want to see that face close up:

I was kind of freaked out but then realized people used to do weirdo stuff all the time. Like my friend who told me she used to nurse her baby while driving sometimes. Wha? I would totally do that if it weren't illegal.
I thank my lucky stars it is illegal.
No worries about getting pulled over - One look at that face and you'd be scot free.
ReplyDeleteDid I miss Whoops pt 1? Or did you start with Whoops pt 2 and are, like, setting us up for a prequel?
That is one of the cutest sleeping, chubby babies I've ever seen. I really want that car too! I hate moving around car seats.
ReplyDeleteI loved this post. I also love costco, but can't seem to get out of that place under $100.00. As if I really need a gallon of olives.
Oh my gosh.... so cute. Love the hat. I can't believe how different she looks with her enormous eyes closed!!
ReplyDeleteThat car seat is legit.
The hat!! Too cute. I live knowing you do this kinda stuff. And why do you teach your kids to challenge authority and yet can be SUCH a rule keeper?
ReplyDeleteAs kids we rode around in a big van with no seats at all. For long trips we would bring folding chairs. Fast turns always added to the adventure. It was like being on a theme park ride every time you got in the van.
ReplyDeleteThe phrase "freakishly cute" is thrown round a lot. But I really mean it. That is the cutest baby ever.
ReplyDeleteNice improv. Sometimes you gotta just roll with it. Did we even have car seats when we were kids??
ReplyDeleteSeriously, seriously she is too cute. I adore her cheeks.
My mom's biggest claim to fame is that she used to be able to nurse a baby while driving a stick-shift vw van. Talent!
ReplyDelete