Steve is leaving the country tomorrow. His dad bought him for a couple of weeks at the price of an all-expenses paid trip to the Austro-Hungarian Empire. I am totally excited for him and hope he remembers to pick up the three items I requested (European Chocolate, some piece of jewelry, and a ceramic piece.) I am sure he will get the chocolate though the other two items might go by the wayside.
As for me, I suppose I am going to have to take some time off of work or something. I haven't even checked on this but maybe I have a friend in Bakersfield who is willing to host us for one night next week (Wed or Thur?) or a friend who lives up further north on the 99 to let us stop by on the way up, maybe after school on Thursday or Friday? I am going to see my Aunt up in Sonora and then go the beloved Mother Lode Round-Up Parade. If you are too lazy to follow that link, it is the second-largest parade in the state of California (Rose Bowl of course as numero uno) and I was in it every year of my life starting when I was 4 until I graduated high school. I know, I am famous.
There is also a rodeo that afternoon and I am thinking of taking the kids. Does that sound fun? Or crazy? Anyone have experience doing this?
I will Mother's Day up in Sonora and then head out Monday early AM to get back home. Steve gets back that next day, Tuesday, then I leave Wednesday (May 13) to go to Napa. We will then spiral out of control into summer and if you want to know where I am you are going to have to follow my tweets.
Um fer SUPER duh!! Call me and we will set up the deets. Your kids need some sugary cereal anyway.
ReplyDeleteThat's exciting for Steve. I hope he picks up a cool piece of jewelry for you. You are a busy fam.
ReplyDeleteWhen will you be in Utah?
If you come up 101 instead of 99 you could stay with me. It would be just like home with all the kids crammed in one bedroom. Luckily it is a nice big bedroom. That doesn't help you if you go through Bakersfield, but just so ya know mi casa es tu casa.
ReplyDeleteIs it too late to put in my request for chocolate, too?
ReplyDeleteYes, do the rodeo!
ReplyDeleteCheer for us at the Mother Lode Parade. I wish we could be there, too!
ReplyDelete