Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Happenings

Pictures in no particular order.

1. In case you wanted to know what it looks like where I live:






















2. Kids on Egg Hunt #2. At some point Casey came in crying, claiming he "hates little kid hunts" because he never gets as many eggs as the little kids (I always tell them to leave the obvious ones for the little kids). He said he considers four year-olds to be "the oldest kids ever." This was reminiscent of our Christmas meltdown so trying to diffuse it I said "Hey, don't stress, why don't you tell me what do you think the rules should be?" and he said "everyone should get as many eggs as they want." So I said "okay we will do that next year." It was weird, it totally calmed him down. He has a really strong sense of justice and I think he can't handle perceived inequity. They also got these little bunnies that go "boooyoyoyoing" when you throw them down in a package from their grandma they opened yesterday and when Bridget traded bunnies with Baby Megs he was really unhappy. I said "hey buddy, she is just a baby" he ran out of the room crying "You are the meanest mommy ever." I talked to him later and he was upset that no one was standing up for the baby. He was fine about it eventually but man does he dislike injustice. Is that an oldest child thing?





















3. Got a haircut too. Here it is, pictures by Gillian.






















































4. Dying eggs (round two) with some friends. They buy brown eggs and I had never died brown eggs before--the ones in the back and on the right are the brown ones (I contributed white). The brown ones resulted in nice earthy tones, don't you think?





























5. We went to the Train Museum again for Easter and the kids had fun. Casey only went because one of our friends came that he likes to hang out with so you can tell he looks a little bored but it was a fun time overall. Gillian is blocked by Katie who I guessed they moved to the back of the train because her legs were so distracting to the conductor.





















6. My local BFF family. I blog about them frequently though not by name because they are paranoid of having their names on the internet, but I am super good friends with these guys. They used to be my upstairs neighbors and though I miss having them as neighbors, I try to get over there at least twice a week to hang out. We watch Idol together and talk about how much we love our Apple products. They were mocking me Saturday afternoon because they claimed that in every picture they took I had out my iphone. Of course I was trying to take pictures!






















7. General pics of good times at the Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. I won't repost it but my favorite pic of the day was the one I posted on Saturday with Katie's girls. A fun time was had by all except Katie, who was confused on the time. She came out and the hunt was already in full force (each parent was supposed to hide 10 eggs per kid and then all kids would be allowed to find 10 eggs) so she just threw her eggs around and said "here kids, go get these." I wish I had pics of her throwing handfuls of eggs--a few cracked against the wall, candy flying everywhere. It was like a living piñata. See how much we bond as a community?



9 comments:

  1. I want to be your neighbor. Good dinners, Easter eggs hunts, getting blogged about...

    I love your haircut-BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He has a really strong sense of justice and I think he can't handle perceived inequity." <----- you are so over thinking it. He just wants more candy. That's it.

    Your hair really is cute. You've managed to tame that poofy part so you're good to go now.

    That train does not look like it can support adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes the train conductor. Between him and your garden gnome, I can't go anywhere.

    You failed to mention the best part of the weekend, which was your *amazing* gourmet dinner. So modest.

    PS The email said 10:00. TEN O'CLOCK PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the idea of dying brown eggs--gotta remember to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You DO so much. No comprendo. Is it because you get up at 5am?

    So, the other day, an acquaintance/friend said she wants to have my family over of dinner sometime this month, and I thought of you. Nobody has ever asked me over for dinner before. Nervous, bc I don't know if she has Lean Cuisines on hand.

    And your hair cut is loverly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2. Totally an oldest child thing.
    3. Nice cut! Perhaps I'm not as incredulous in my commenting as you've been about my new 'do, but you look great. And you have been losing some weight, no?
    5. I was instantly transported back to a specific place and many times when I saw that kid in the red Nature Adventures T-shirt. (Nature Adventures is the children's programming at SBMNH, and I still own about 12 of those shirts from my staff days.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the haircut!

    Wish we lived in your community. It's almost worth going back to school for... almost.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios