Also I will be working from 7ish to 5ish not including evening dinner with the peeps (assuming they want to bond with me and all that) so the babysitting days would be long.
This summer during June and July I have to leave her for a week at a time so it is coming down the line at some point, I just don't want to do it now.
Steve is capable in spite of having left Meg at home during church and I am going to get an ankle monitor for her (kidding people) but don't you think it will be hard for him to be here by hisself? And what about Meg? Will she be so saddy?
The only consolation I have is that he is leaving fewer than four days later for two weeks and I will have all the kids by myself for all that time and the two days in Indy could be some solitude (sort of) so I could come home and take some vacation time and really just focus on the kiddies.
I won't think about the two weeks for right now, I am just focusing on the end of this month. What should I do? Will I regret it more if I take her or if I don't?
She might be saddy, but fortunately they don't remember the early years. At least that's what Jack told me when I thought it would be funny to hold Leah upside down, and I dropped her on her head.
ReplyDeleteI just wish you could leave her with us. We are having grandchild withdrawals and that baby is SOOOO cute.
ReplyDeleteI would leave her. Just think about how happy she will be when you get back. That alone would be worth it. You need and deserve a break. Take it, and really relax for once.
ReplyDeleteThat 2 week thing sealed the deal fir me. No brainer. Leave her.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad, she'll be with her dad. That's much better than you being crazed and too busy to pay attention to her anyway.
ReplyDeleteYou called me on the April Fools joke.
But look at those big blue eyes! Did you post a super-sympathetic photo on purpose? How can leave that little darlin' for two whole days? (She says as she prepares to leave her son for 6 days next week during Girls Camp.)
ReplyDeleteOMG that picture! Send her to me and I shall raise the girl-child.
ReplyDeleteOr, leave her with daddy, cuz leaving her with daddy seems way less saddy than leaving her with a babysitter all day.
I just found your blog- very cute!
ReplyDeleteNicole Poland
You sound like you really need to go and just leave her. It will be a more productive trip and you probably need that going into Steve's 2 week escape. But I know it's hard & sad to leave your baby, and I would help Steve if I could, but they will survive.
ReplyDeleteDaddy's got learn how to deal sometime. I love leaving the kids with my husband. You should always be able to leave a child with their father guilt free. Do you think he ever feels guilty leaving the kids with you? (The answer is no.) So, that settles it. Party in Indy!
ReplyDeleteCompletely off-topic, but that's a really cute sweater you have Meg in! Just bring her home a surprise, even though she's probably too young to really register it. But hey I can get over anything if a stylish sweater is involved.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Katie Erb. I know what you are feeling and leaving her behind is hard to do, but it sounds like you won't really be spending anytime with her anyways if you do take her with you! You are puting too much guilt on yourself!!! I hope this helps and doesn't make your decision worse!
ReplyDeleteOh just leave her. Then she'll be with her dad instead of babysitters.
ReplyDelete