Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ode to BFF

So do you think your BFF is funny? Available whenever you need her? Smart? A problem-solver? Super beautiful?

You might be right but it would all pale in comparison with this young lady:

























Today is her 34th birthday. Normally I would not share a lady's age but she is just like that--what you see is what you get. She has a fantastic, happy marriage and a great husband who has been the envy of many since they met, three hilarious kiddos and a great home. Not to mention her great looks and the other coolness that is Tiffany.

In honor of her birthday I am going to share my favorite things about her in the form of top ten list:

Top Ten Things I LOVE About Landeelu Landerson

1. When you go to her house, it is perfectly acceptable to sit around and watch a full season of Project Runway all in one day. No pressure, no worries, and no guilt.
2. She is totally casual about everything but her home is impeccable. How does one pull that off? It's a mystery really.
3. She has no qualms about telling people straight up how it is.
4. She is extremely loyal and becomes illogical if someone is hurting someone she loves
5. She mocks and then mourns but is not a fool
6. She reserves judgment of people (this is a newer quality she has developed over time)
7. She hates California yet has never lived there and loves everyone she knows from this great state
8. She is on top of every trend including the latest technology
9. It is impossible to be sad around her. Except maybe if you want to play unlimited Nintendo, then you might get sad on occasion.
10. She is my surrogate sister, mother, cousin, and most of all the best friend I have ever had.

I feel very sorry for all of you who do not have the history we have or who doesn't really know all her deep dark secrets because they are really good ones. But don't worry, if she calls you friend she has got your back anyway.

7 comments:

  1. You are even making ME bawl like a baby!!!! You nailed it. And nailed it well. She is all of those things. My fave is #4. Very very Landeelu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Landeelu!
    That was an Ode-a-licious tribute Flem. I'm proud to know you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic tribute! Love this.

    Tiffany sounds like my kind of gal. Makes me so proud to be her best friend's source for white bread & DVR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks Flem! ::wiping single tear away::

    My favorite was #4 as well. Mostly because it's PERFECTLY LOGICAL to not speak to someone for 10 years because they were being rude about your BFF. Log.I.Cal. What is illogical is that ole' forgive-and-forget tactic you do.

    And #6.... thanks for the disclaimer on that one.

    Deep dark secrets? ::OS!F::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah man. I am so envious of all that history you have! My friendship with her is like a new born babe in comparison. But it would be impossible for me to have the kind of history you have cuz I'm significantly younger.

    Happy Birthday L!

    PS. No Gs in that picture. See, that's why I'm grateful for my Gs cuz it keeps me from being scantily clad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one, Esplin. But srsly on that pic.... please tell me I was posing like that on purpose and that's not a face I normally make. Please tell me that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so sweet. She is seriously awesome. I've never felt so connected to someone I met online before. ( except this one time, with this one guy, but the IRL meeting ... Let's just say he exaggerated). She is funny, blond, beautiful, funny, older than me, funny, a really good podcaster, funny, and silly. Did I mention she make me laugh on a regular basis? A jewel, that one.

    ReplyDelete

Comentarios